What to look for when a child is struggling in school and what can be done at home and at school to help them succeed
This practical resource for parents and teachers explains how to understand a child’s complete learning profile-an inventory of his or her unique strengths and weaknesses-and provides helpful strategies that can be used at school and at home to get the child on a path to success. The book walks readers through the process of gathering clues about the child’s learning style and provides guidelines for selecting the most appropriate learning strategies that will help spell success in school and life. Pohlman shows how parents and teachers can collaborate to help kids become successful learners, and also guides readers through the process of getting an educational assessment, for those students with particularly challenging issues.
- Helps readers understand what’s going on when a child is struggling in school
- Explains what to look for at home and at school to gather “clues” to understanding a child’s learning profile
- Shows how parents and teachers can collaborate to help a child or adolescent succeed at school
- Includes guidelines on obtaining educational assessments
- Pohlman, from the acclaimed All Kinds of Minds Institute, has conducted or supervised thousands of assessments of struggling learners